Position: Business Development Associate
Union: CUPE Local 50
Salary Grade: Grade 15 $2,639.25 – $2,657.78 Bi-Weekly
Close Date: 11:59pm August 20th, 2023
Are you looking for a fun and rewarding position? Is building relationships for the greater good your jam? Do you get excited exploring new business opportunities and putting your extraordinary research skills into action? If so, you might be exactly who we’re looking for! The United Way Southern Vancouver Island is growing, and we’re looking for a collaborative go-getter who wants to make a difference in our communities.
United Way Southern Vancouver Island is a leading non-profit uniting people to transform lives on Southern Vancouver Island. As part of our United Way team, you can make your community better in an organization that supports professional development and opportunity.
What’s the job?
A Business Development Associate (BDA) at United Way Southern Vancouver Island (UWSVI) is someone who comes to work with a smile on their face. You’re smiling because you get to conduct research, support business and revenue strategies, build relationships and work with internal and external stakeholders, helping to identify new business opportunities and manage a variety of projects.
What other things will you get to do every day?
- Get a great feeling from the positive interactions with all levels of stakeholders as you build and maintain relationships
- Assist in developing business plans, pitches, and presentations for multiple projects
- Proactively and creatively work with our team to design and deliver on your responsibilities
- Have fun working with like-minded committed people
Who are we looking for?
- You have experience in research and business development, and enjoy ‘getting in the weeds’
- You are a great multitasker and know how to organize and prioritize to get the job done
- You have a relevant degree or diploma or equivalent level of real-world experience
- Your presentation skills are fantastic, not quite Steve Jobs, but close
- Project management is just part of your lifestyle
- Working with the Microsoft suite of products is like breathing to you
- You love teamwork and show your team spirit daily
At UWSVI, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, donors, and the communities we live and work in. At UWSVI, we encourage all applicants regardless of age, sex, gender identity, colour, religion, sexual orientation, or any other basis to apply.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you are excited about this role, but your experience and qualifications aren’t perfectly aligned, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this, or other roles.
Why join us?
The UWSVI’s top priority is to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities.
The incumbent understand that people come first and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
The incumbent understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community can can mobilize resources through meaningful engagement.
The incumbent is dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good, creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
The United Way Southern Vancouver Island is a unionized workplace. Salary and benefits for this position are payable in accordance with the CUPE collective agreement.
The above reflects the general details to describe and evaluate the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be taken as a detailed description of all the work requirements.
Click here for the job description.