Director of Finance and Operations
United Way Southern Vancouver Island (UWSVI) has a new opportunity for an experienced Director of Finance and Operations to join their collaborative and engaged team in Victoria, BC. This important senior leadership role requires a candidate with demonstrated financial management experience (preferably in a not-for-profit environment) as well as motivational and inclusive people leadership experience as you will be contributing to their culture that is inclusive, supportive, and oriented to stakeholder engagement, high performance, community impact, and innovation.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Finance and Operations will interact with the Board Finance Committee Chair on fiscal and investment matters, help to set the long-term direction for the organization, integrate work across business units, and help steward the confidence of donors and partners.
Please review the full Job Description to learn about the responsibilities of the role and what your day will hold.
What makes United Way of Southern Vancouver Island a great employer?
- Highly collaborative, supportive, and fun team environment.
- Opportunity to improve lives in our community.
- Competitive compensation of $105,000 – $115,000 based on education and related experience.
- A flexible, hybrid role with the ability to work from home up to 2 days per week.
- Extended Health Care Group Insurance, including medical and dental benefits.
- A RRSP Matching program matching up to 5% of your salary.
- Generous paid leave policy with 3 weeks of vacation, floating days, primary care days, and sick leave.
- Professional development opportunities.
Our ideal Director of Finance and Operations brings:
- A university degree in Business or Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA designation or equivalent is required.
- 7+ years of progressively responsible financial experience.
- 2+ years in a Not-for-profit (NFP) environment is strongly preferred, with sound knowledge of NFP accounting standards highly beneficial.
- Demonstrated financial management experience, including budgeting, electronic banking, reporting and analysis, and full cycle financial operations, and experience in planning, developing, implementing, and monitoring financial controls, policies, and procedures.
- Labour relations experience and investment fund management are both preferred.
- Experience with CRM systems and functions including processing, system rollovers, and database maintenance and advanced experience in the use of Microsoft Excel to organize, utilize, report and model financial information.
- Experience in leading change in financial management is highly beneficial.
These Skills and Abilities will help you thrive:
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to build effective teams, motivate key employees, inspire confidence in others, and coach and encourage success.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with the ability to identify trends, establish benchmarks, and provide credible analysis and business recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills, to be able to connect with and influence a diverse group of individuals with varied levels of financial/business backgrounds.
- Ability to tackle items independently while also being collaborative and thoughtful with all team members.
About United Way Southern Vancouver Island:
United Way Southern Vancouver Island (UWSVI) is a leading community non-profit working to transform lives across the Greater Victoria region. For 85 years, United Way has been at the forefront of challenges impacting the Southern Vancouver Island community. We work collaboratively to respond to both long-term social issues and emerging needs.
UWSVI is an equal opportunity employer and values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at UWSVI means creating a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected, and responded to. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
How To Apply:
After reviewing the full Job Description qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume that clearly outlines how your skills and experience meet the requirements of this role.
This opportunity will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants who apply; however, after initial acknowledgment, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.